Fair Trade Face Mask
£2.99 – £3.99
Fair-trade (WFTO-Asia) and vegan (PETA approved), these washable face coverings are an ideal sustainable alternative to disposable coverings. Made of 100% handwoven cotton and designed for non-medical use, these masks allow a disposable filter or tissue to be placed inside the covering. Laboratory tests have shown that this can increase the efficacy by up to 91% (dependent on the quality and thickness of tissue).
Made by PeoplesMask, providing work for thousands of artisan workers in Asia who have lost their jobs due to Covid-19 lockdown in their countries. These face masks have been made in Sri Lanka using an approved production process following Fair Trade standards and local authority standards for compliance with Covid-19 preventative measures.
Looking for something a bit different? Take a look at our biodegradable face mask.
The UK Government has issued guidance on wearing face coverings in public places, whilst the continued advice is to keep washing your hands regularly with hand sanitising gel or as another option, take a look at our organic hand sanitiser.
*Pattern will vary from picture above. Masks are in high demand and therefore specific patterns cannot be guaranteed.
- – Two layers of 100% handwoven cotton fabric
- – Layers lined with polyester blended fusing
- – Pocket where layer(s) of tissue (paper or Kleenex type) are placed
- – Wire across the top to form the user’s nose and face
- – Industrial grade elastic around ears holds the face mask in lace
- – AZO free, PCP tested, non-toxic fabric
- – Dyes and chemicals REACH and BLUESIGN certified
- – Heavy metal free
- – Vegan, PETA approved
- – A WFTO Guaranteed Fair Trade product